Studio Bell & National Music Centre
Hearing and Sound Program: Get a close up look at struck, plucked, air and electric instruments. Apply the concepts of pitch, volume and timbre to the art of making music. Pick from a wide variety of instruments and make the entire hearing and sound curriculum come to life!
** Full day program includes exploring the gallery and participating in activities, Kimball organ demonstration, lunch break and a classroom lesson.
Date: June 8th, 2017
Time: 9:30am -2:00pm
Location: Studio Bell 850 4 Street SE
Target Grades: 1-3
Cost: $12 per student, Adults who are volunteering to supervise in the program are free, Children 3 and under are free. (General Admission required for adults who are not volunteering in program)
Registration deadline: May 25
** For more information (including FAQ) and to register online please visit Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/roots-homeschool-studio-bell-national-music-center-gr-1-3-tickets-32316305941
- Program is geared toward Grade 1-3.
- Siblings are allowed (and will be included in the total numbers cost is $12).
- The lunch room is used by other schools (and will be the day of) and may not be thoroughly cleaned in between, so if students have allergies we can make other arrangements for them.
- We have 5 floors of exhibitions and a lot of stairs to climb so if you have any students or chaperones with mobility issues let me know because they can certainly use elevators to access all spaces.
- We also make a lot of noise in our programs and galleries so any students with sound sensitivities should come equipped with noise cancelling headphones.
PARKING—Please plan accordingly ... there is NO parking on site.
Studio Bell is a short walk from the City Hall LRT Station. Exit the east end of the station platform and walk along 7 Avenue to 4 Street SE. Turn right onto 4 Street SE and walk south to Studio Bell. Walking time to Studio Bell from the station is approximately 10-15 minutes.
A bus stop is located at 9 Avenue and 4 Street SE that is served by buses #1 and #305 (weekday rush hour).
For more transit information, please visit calgarytransit.com.
The City of Calgary Parking Authority has lots located at 363 9 Avenue SE, 724 4 Street SE, and street parking on 8 Avenue SE and throughout the East Village. Parking is available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week on a first come, first served basis.